Belatrix is a privately held software development firm. Our mission is to be a passionate global partner delivering software innovation to enhance our client's aspirations and to be a truly great place for career and personal success. Belatrix’s core values are Excellence, Passion, Commitment, Empowerment & Trust, Teamwork, and Innovation. We’re in search of talented, passionate software developers to join our team.
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
The Senior Business Analyst (BA) acts as a liaison between the product owner and the team. The BAs are responsible for the elicitation, analysis, documentation, and communication of project requirements that satisfy PO and project needs. Depending on the nature of the project, the BAs may also undertake a combination of project management and technical implementation. The Senior BA is expected to have a strong proprietary knowledge base and multiple years of previous BA experience in requirements analysis and authoring. The Senior BA is additionally expected to exhibit strong leadership in many areas including defining/improving standards, mentoring other BAs, and implementation / project management of critical projects.
Technical /Professional Skills
- Develops and improves business processes within the technology and business
- Understands business/user/functional requirements, specifying and analyzing these to a sufficient level of detail to ensure clarity of definition. Elicits, analyzes, verifies, validates, documents, and communicates project requirements from all stakeholders.
- Engages in general User Acceptance testing and defect management, and may contribute to, or author, more advanced testing artifacts such as Test Plans and/or Test Scripts.
- Develops relationships with stakeholders by being proactive, displays a thorough understanding of business drivers and strategies, and provides innovative business solutions.
- Participates in project planning, including scoping, estimation, resource planning, and management of project deliverables.
- Ensures change management and communication of change is done in a systematic
way for projects where initial requirements may evolve during the lifecycle of the project.
- Recommends and produces project metrics.
- Fully responsible for quality of own work, and possibly some accountability for more junior members of the team.
- Responsible for management of own time, and coaching/mentoring more junior team members.
- Responsible for estimating effort required for own work,
- Able to plan tasks necessary to lead to the production of adequate business and system
- Accountable for compliance with agreed policies, standards and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills are required
- Knowledge of requirements management best practice, and ensures these practices are used.
- Customer-focused with strong commercial acumen and results orientation.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Demonstrable ability to scope and set priorities for product development and enhancements through managing and influencing other stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, both locally and remotely.
- Ability to think strategically, tactically and laterally on position and future direction.
- Takes ownership of issues, tasks and problem solving.
- Bachelors/Masters/Advanced degree in related field specialized training, or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and experience as a BA on an agile team Scrum
- Agile practices
- Business Analyst certification preferred.
- English: Advanced